I'm a mother to three children (two adults and one teen) and an aunt to many. In my spare time I enjoy reading, movies, walking on the beach, pub quizzes, art, travel, dining out, going to shows (especially comedy ones) and sharing a wine with friends. I have lived on the North Shore my whole life and enjoy being close to the beautiful beaches. I understand that life can be hard because I have also experienced challenges and difficulties that have affected my relationships, health, children and family.
Ever since I was a young child the only thing I wanted to do was to "help people" so at 16 I trained as a nurse and worked as a registered nurse for 18 years in a variety of areas. I then moved into a managerial role in the non-profit/charity sector where I worked for 8 years, which included being a trustee for community organisations. During this time I also worked as a life coach and business mentor and in 2011 decided that I wanted to fully focus my energy into counselling. Since completing my Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling I have worked in a Community Clinic, local Secondary School and now solely in my own private practice. I attend many professional development seminars, workshops and courses every year as well as attending monthly peer interest groups focused on relationship therapy and sex therapy. I have completed my Masters in Applied Practice with my research focused on romantic relationships with narcissists.
Areas of Interest
I enjoy working with pre-teens, adolescents, families, couples and individuals. I have extensive experience in working with adolescents and advanced training in relationship therapy (which includes two specific models).
- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression including post natal depression
- Relationship issues including conflict, communication, infidelity
- Separation and child custody
- Parenting issues
- Narcissism and Narcissistic abuse
- Blended families and Step parenting
- Sexual issues
- Anger management
- Helping children become resilient and increase their confidence through the FRIENDS program
- Neurobiological effects of early life trauma
- Masters in Applied Practice (First Class Honours)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Mentoring, Supervision and Workplace Coaching
- Relationship Therapy - Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1
- Relationship Therapy - The Developmental Model Level 1 and Level 2
- Accredited Facilitator of My FRIENDS Youth and FRIENDS for Life Programs
- REPAIR Programme (Neurobiological interventions for Early Life Trauma)
- Diploma in Nursing
- Member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)